This is a multiblock machine that transfers heat between various substances.
- The heat exchanger has an internal temperature measured in Heat Units (HU).
- Hot fluids can be used to transfer heat to the system which then can be used to heat other substances.
- The exchanger will start heating fluids only when it’s temperature is above 150 HU.
- The temperature will not go above 1000 HU.
- Some heat is lost every tick. More heat will be lost as temperature increases.
- Every exchanger module increases the maximum heat transfer per tick by 16 HU.
- Lava will produce 30 HU per mB and output 1 block of obsidian per bucket.
- IC2 Hot Coolant will produce 8 HU per mB and output cooled coolant .
- Water will consume 3 HU per 5 mB and produce 15 mB of Steam.
- A single Turbine Controller
- Up to 50 Exchangers (each can transfer up to 16 HU per tick)
- Up to 5 Fluid Intake Valves
- Up to 6 Output Modules
- Up to 10 Sensor Modules
- Up to 10 Control Modules
This is the main block of the exchanger.
Increases the maximum heat transfer per tick by 16 HU
- Input hot fluid is in the top tank, moving to the bottom as it cools down
- Input cold fluid is in the left tank, moving to the right as it heats up
- Stats to the right (mouse over icons for explanation).
- Click wrench icon for output configuration.